Questions - Medicines
The following guide is all about how to get the best out of your consultation with your doctor by asking the right questions. This will allow you to get the right information in order to make an informed decision about your health.
- How long do I have to take the medicine for? Is it for life?
- How long will it take before I see any improvement?
- What will the medicine do?
- What if any are the side effects?
- Will it interact with any other medicines?
- Can I consume alcohol whilst taking the medication?
- Can I take herbal/complementary tablets/supplements/vitamins with this medication?
- How do you know this is the right medicine/dose for me?
- Will I need to change medicine/doses if it doesn’t work?
- Am I still able to drive with this medication?
Note: Always read the patient information leaflet (PIL) supplied with your medication, if it is missing contact your pharmacist who should provide you with one.
For further information about asking the right questions as a patient, or about tests/procedures, condition/illness, treatment or private treatment click on the appropriate link.