Questions - if you are diagnosed with a condition
The following guide is all about how to get the best out of your consultation with your doctor by asking the right questions. This will allow you to get the right information in order to make an informed decision about your health.
If you have been diagnosed with a condition, illness or disease, you may want to ask some of the following questions:
- What tests will I need?
- How long will it take?
- When will I get the results?
- What treatment will I need?
- Are there different treatment options?
- What are the benefits to each treatment?
- What if any are the side effects to each treatment?
- Will I need to go into hospital for any tests/treatments?
- What support is there/will I get?
- What are the long term prospects?
- Will I still be able to drive?
- Where can I find good quality, reliable information about this?
- Will I need to change my diet?
For further information about asking the right questions as a patient, or about tests/procedures, treatment, medicines or private treatment click on the appropriate link.