This resource will allow you to pick and choose information to make your own 'information prescription'.
You will be able to pick what information you want about different health conditions, and
also choose what information you need about local health services, including self help and support services.
What is an 'information prescription'
An information prescription is a tailor made piece of high quality information
to meet the specific needs of someone who requires information and support services to
help them manage their health condition, or learn more about a health topic.
The following topics are available:
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Chronic Heart Disease (CHD)
- Mental Health
- Smoking (quitting)
- Healthy Eating
These conditions and topics have an impact on peoples lives, and are often life-long.
The DIY Information Prescription Facility will focus on some of the leading causes of illness
in Wales, providing useful information for people to better manage their health and
well-being, and to access further help and support for themselves and their families.
To create your own information prescription, you will need to complete the following screens.
Select the information you require, carry out your own searches and
then print your prescription at the end. It’s as easy as that!
You will be able to:
- Select information leaflets from our A-Z Encyclopaedia
- Search for local NHS services
- Select useful links and information
Information provided by the DIY Information service is not intended to replace a
consultation with an appropriately qualified health professional, as
we cannot guarantee that information provided will meet your health or medical requirements.
The information gathered from the DIY Information service is currently only available in text
format, however there is a function to increase the size of the text.
If you would like this information in any other language or format, please contact
our Health Information Team by calling 0845 46 47, or submit your request via
e-mail by using our Online Enquiry Service
If you are deaf or hard of hearing you can call the NHS Direct
Wales textphone on 0845 606 4647, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week or
call us through RNID Typetalk on 1 8001 0845 46 47.
NHS Direct Wales is not responsible for the content of external internet sites.
Every effort is made to make sure that external internet sites are appropriate and upto date.
Other ways to get information from NHS Direct Wales
If you feel the DIY Information facility is not suitable for your needs there
are several other ways you can get information from NHS Direct Wales:
- Calling us on 0845 46 47, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If you are deaf or hard of hearing you can call the NHS Direct Wales textphone on 0845 606 4647, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week or call us through RNID Typetalk on 1 8001 0845 46 47.
- You can get information from NHS Direct Wales in over 120 different languages through a telephone translation and interpretation service. All you need to do is call us on 0845 46 47 and state in English the language you would prefer to use.
- Sending us a question by using our Online Enquiry Service or Information Prescriptions Online Enquiry Service.
- Searching our website, which has an A-Z Encyclopaedia providing information on a wide range of conditions, tests, procedures and treatments.